Join now - be part of our community!

Please help? I don't understand why my Sony ZV1 suddenly turned off in only 38 minutes into my video

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
franceskeeley
New

Please help? I don't understand why my Sony ZV1 suddenly turned off in only 38 minutes into my video

O drat. Please help? I've just purchased a Sony ZV1 camera to record yoga videos from my home based studio.
Yesterday my first test ran beautifully. The camera was set on its tripod on the windowsill, plugged into the mains via the USB cable. I filmed for over 1hr 15 mins without a problem. I downloaded the MP4 file into Final Cut Pro X - was delighted by the improved image quality compared to my last camcorder. I edited my video, exported my master file. Imported it onto my site. Everything perfect! 

But today - with everything apparently the same, settings wise, my Sony ZV1 suddenly turned off in only 38 minutes into my hour long class.  It was plugged into the mains - so am I right in thinking the power supply would be fine?
At the time the camera out down, the total number of video clips stored on the camera drive were less than an hour.

It's mysterious! I've been reading the manual and scratching my head, but come up with nothing. So now I have no idea if my camera will work to record tomorrow's full length class. The longest time I need to record for is just over 90 minutes.

My ZV1 has a 256GB memory card. It was plugged into the mains. The room temperature was around 23 degrees celsius.

Would really appreciate any suggestions form the Sony community about what I may be doing wrong.
Many thanks for your help.
Frances

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Frances,

Most likely the sensor has overheated.

Depending on your recording format the max. recording time is limited

See also: https://helpguide.sony.net/dc/1910/v1/en/contents/TP0002870058.html

Cheers