Join now - be part of our community!

laud recording - performance

profile.country.sk_SK.title
cikatillo
Visitor

laud recording - performance

Hello,

is there some parameter of camcoder which I should focus when I want to record concerts? As there is very laud music sometimes sound on my recording with HRD-XR106E is crackling or quietened.

Thank you for advice

Message was edited by: cikatillo

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cikatillo - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I would suggest experimenting with the 'Micref Level' and 'Blt-In Zoom Mic' settings as described on page 59 of the manual:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/HDRCX110_EN_ES.pdf

With the Microphone Level, you may find that having it at a slightly lower level cuts down on the amount of crackling. Naturally the ideal option would be to attach some kind of external microphone but if this is not possible it may just naturally perform better when faced with certain types of music.

Thanks,

Simon

nimbystripes
Visitor

The 'Blt-In Zoom Mic' works especially if you only want to record the audio coming from the one having the concerts, though it won't be too perfect but better than normal shots.

cikatillo
Visitor

Thank you for replies, external mic is not a bad idea but is there some external mic which can be somehow attached to the camcoder that I do not have to hold two devices? Is it also recording 5.1 audio as this model of camcoder? I just noticed that I have HDR-XR106E

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Sony do produce external microphones that sit on the the top of the camera and use the Active Interface Shoe, but unfortunately the two models listed on the website are not compatible with your camcorder.

Thanks,

Simon

cikatillo
Visitor

Hello Simon, isn't there some "lighter" variant of external microphone for handy camcoders? even if those provided by Sony are not compatible with my camcoder, maybe there are some third party manufacturers..

So conclusion is, that the only way how could I achieve better sound (without crackling) is to decrease sensitivity of mic, right? I am not technician but are there products with integrated small mics, which can handle even lauder sound? I guess, because of it's small size, there are missing some "features" thus I would like to ask you whether you know some products which have better mic and it's still handy camcoder :slight_smile:

Thank you for advice

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

You are correct in saying that reducing the microphone volume should cut down on unwanted noise.

On the camcorder itself, could you have a look and let me know if there is an audio input provided i.e. a small microphone socket - usually it would be round. I cannot find one mentioned in the manual but it would be good if you could check as well.

Thanks,

Simon