Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam DCR-SR290 Screen broken

profile.country.en_GB.title
CJANAWAY76
Visitor

Handycam DCR-SR290 Screen broken

Hi,

New here but wondered if you guys/gals might have any advice?

We have a 4 year old DCR-SR290 handycam camcorder and the screen seems to have broken.

Firstly it went all Blue in colour and now it is all fuzzy lines with the only way to see the picture is by putting the screen at specific angles.

The Camera is fine and we are able to view recordings etc in good picture on the TV via the leads etc.

I'd assume there is an issue with the lead going into the screen but is it an easy job for me to fix or best to go for the support and pay rediculous cost for that.

Many thanks for reading

CJ

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi CJ, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

That sort of issue is almost always down to a broken ribbon cable.

Replacing it is not what you'd call a straightforward job, but the web is full of people asking the same question and an obliging number of DIY tutorials are out there if you look for them. Check one out and see what you think.

If you're not especially tech competent (and patient!) I'd suggest finding a local repair service who shouldn't take more than 30 minutes over it & which might well work out economically for you. The ribbons themselves are quite inexpensive but are model-specific and again, you'd need to search one out if you go the DIY route.

Cheers

Mick

eric12202
New

I have a sony handy camcorder dcr-sr290 i lost my docking station and i recently used it in a funeral service. I do not know where to get the docking station... Is there anyone in this forum, that can lend me the docking port. Will pay if you will charge.