Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Screen on Playback - Sony DCR-TRV230E

profile.country.en_GB.title
wisepenny
Visitor

Blue Screen on Playback - Sony DCR-TRV230E

I have a camcorder which is quite old now it takes 8mm tapes,  I have a LOT of tapes, some very very important to me which I want to put on to a DVD, but the camera will not play them, the screen is blue both on the Camcorder and also on the TV when I plug the Camcorder into that. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

I have tried cleaning the heads with a cleaning tape, but that did not help.

Thanks, Ellen

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi wisepenny, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you're not able to play any of your tapes it's most likely a tape head misalignment, which should be fixable at a local electronics service centre. You can pick up second-hand DV cameras very cheaply and this might be an option if the repair quote comes in high.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.en_IE.title
pennyapples
Visitor

I am having same problem. if screen blue means i cannot transfer any old tapes to computer- to have this repaired is 284 euro- would do if cant get these tapes any other way, then buy new camcorder. concerns if do get handycam fixed, will i get the tapes easily , please asvise, confused

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pennyapples - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It is still possibile to purchase Mini DV tapes both online and offline from most major retailers i.e. Amazon, Play and so on.

Thanks,

Simon