Join now - be part of our community!

advice needed

profile.country.GB.title
LEOPETERS100
New

advice needed

i have just found my late husbands CAMCORDER DCR - PC101E.

There are many casettes of films labelled as holidays over the years and i would like to be able to see them on a big screen

Does anyone know what lead with a smart socket i need to enable me to do this ?

Also the battery is only holding charge for approx 10 minutes. Is this normal or do i need to buy a replacement battery.

I already bought a new chargerI look forward to hearing from you all

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @LEOPETERS100,

since for older camcorders like yours it is always a little bit challenging to find good documentation, can you either share one or multiple pictures of its ports?

I would assume it has an AV out which is meant for a 3.5mm TRRS jack which then splits into composite video+Chinch. Such cables are usually very inexpensive to buy BUT not standardized, meaning the coloring on the plugs is rather meaningless unless you get lucky (the chance is one in three).

Regarding your battery - it has probably reached the end of its life - if I am not mistaken you should be able to play the videos with just the charger connected.

May I also recommend to digitize the footage? Magix offers a nice combo of a video capture card for your computer together with an editing software, called "save your video tapes" to which you can connect the camcorder with the above mentioned cable to transfer the video files to your computer.

- Nic