Join now - be part of our community!

X8305 Questions?

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

X8305 Questions?

Hi,

Purchased the 49x8305c which arrived yesterday. All set up (I think) and very pleased so far.

I do have 2 questions though

Firstly I've got a Sky Plus in HDMI 1, PS4 on HDMI 2 and Sony Blu Ray Player on HDMI 3. Because I'm a bit OCD, I went straight to input settings and set labels for all 3. However when I pull up the input list I notice the TV recognises the PS4 on 2 and the BR Player on 3 as they are both Sony, so it creates duplicates. So I then went into the list and chose to hide the 2 I'd created, but then I notice that both versions had now disappeared from my input list. So it seems I have to have those 2 duplicated. is there a way around this?

Second question, I think I know the answer to, but I can't integrate my Sky Plus into this can I? Because it's a twin tuner and this is only a single input for satellite? So my Sky Plus has to come through the HDMI? Is that correct?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi therr

The duplication of HDMI sources has already been reported:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2047983#M35186

But this is just a minor annoyance and does not effect the running of the tv.

To get Sky, you kust use the sky box on a HDMI input.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Right I see, and there's no newer updates than that? I appreciate it doesn't stop them working, maybe I'm just a bit OCD!!

And I thought as much for the Sky. So the digital satelite input is only for Freesat presumably?

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, the satellite input is mainly for use in other EU countries with the use of a CAM module.  Its kept for uk market.  BBut ultimately the TV is Freeview only, not Freesat hence a basic EPG.