Join now - be part of our community!

Wiring up lots of Sony appliances

profile.country.GB.title
Colin1806
New

Wiring up lots of Sony appliances

Can someone with knowlegde on these things PLEASE help me!

I have a Sony PlayStation 4pro, a Sony Bravia KD65XD8599BU (65" TV) a bdvn7200wb (5.1 surround sound/ blu ray player) and want to get a UBP-X800 (Sony uhd bluesy player), and also have sky Q.

here are my issues.

ps4 pro and sky Q are 10bit colour, uhd so need to be connected to the TV directly by hdmi

the optical cable is A not the best sound and B when I go directly from TV  to surround sound using optical it  causes a tiny delay of sound from the sky (I can't get it to match despite there being options on the sky) that causes out of synchs lips and sound Which I can't have obviously so I currently have different optical cables that I have to keep swapping in the back of my surround sound!

to top it off when I get the Sony uhd blu ray player it doesn't even have an optical output port so I have no idea how I will get t to work! Ideally I'd like to not have to swap anything, or split anything as high quality visual and sound is the end goal!

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.DK.title
SonyCPH
Explorer

Connect everything to TV, make sure that the sorround is connected to ARC, and forget about optical

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

----------------------------

TV : KD-65XD8599

Devices:
BDV-N7200WB
PS4 Pro
UBP-X800 (Future)
Sky Q (Future)

---------------------------

*Note: All 4 of your TV's HDMI ports support : Up to 18Gbps(for HDMI 1/2/3/4)

Connect it up as follows:
BDV-N7200WB (HDMI-IN ARC) > KD-65XD8599 (HDMI4-ARC)
PS4 Pro (HDMI) > KD-65XD8599 (HDMI 2,3 or 4)
UBP-X800 (HDMI) > KD-65XD8599 (HDMI 2,3 or 4)
Sky Q Silver (HDMI) > KD-65XD8599 (HDMI 2,3 or 4)

- Ensure that you purchase Hi-Speed HDMI cables capable of 18Gbps speeds (for 4K HDR devices)
- Enable HDMI Enhanced in the HDMI settings on the TV for the 4K HDR Devices

You should no longer be using the optical cable, for this setup it is not needed.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Colin1806
New

Thank you, and then what setting does the surround go on to play the sound that's being displayed?! Thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Quinnicus wrote:

? I am quite sure only ports HDMI 2 & 3 are good for the PS4 Pro (UHD+HDR). For sure in the XD80, which is even more recent (ATV2 instead of ATV1) if I remember correctly. So, using ARC (HDMI 2), only one port (HDMI3) is left available for UHD+HDR inputs. So its written in the HDMI ports description on the back of my tv, at least. 

profile.country.GB.title
Colin1806
New

Thank you, although I am quite sure all 4 are full UHD/ HDR 2.2 compatible. Unfortunately though one of them is direct into the back so I need an angled cable!

Sent from my iPhone
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The email does not constitute a commitment by Parker Bromley Limited.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jecht_Sin wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

? I am quite sure only ports HDMI 2 & 3 are good for the PS4 Pro (UHD+HDR). For sure in the XD80, which is even more recent (ATV2 instead of ATV1) if I remember correctly. So, using ARC (HDMI 2), only one port (HDMI3) is left available for UHD+HDR inputs. So its written in the HDMI ports description on the back of my tv, at least. 

@Jecht_Sin

The XD85 series is a different beast to the XD80.  I have an XD85 too.  The info I have is that all 4 HDMI port are HDCP 2.2 compliant and support 18Gbps (4K HDR).

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Colin1806
New

Thank you, I will wire all this up the way I need to tonight leaving the awkward one that comes out backwards (into a wall!) free until I get an angled hdmi 2.2 lead with the uhd blu ray player, but I still don't know what source to set my surround sound on to make it play whatever is on screen as ARC isn't an option (the appliance does support it though)

Sent from my iPhone
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The email does not constitute a commitment by Parker Bromley Limited.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Colin1806

I am curious on why ARC isnt an option considering your equipment supports it?  So im a little :thinking:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Anonymous oh, ok. Because it was my understanding all 4k/HDR Bravia tvs had the same set of HDMI ports, even the A1 Oled. So I remembered from the reviews I have read. I must have got it very wrong, then.