Join now - be part of our community!

TV Speakers AND audio system active simultaneously

Gruttyman
Explorer

TV Speakers AND audio system active simultaneously

I have a Sony  KDL-55W809C paired with a Sony BDV-E3100 5.1 sound system. 

When I try to watch a Blu-Ray about 70% of the time the TV speakers stay on when the audio system is active making the sound pretty awful.

I have the BDV-3100 connected to the ARC HDMI port on the TV (no optical connection) , and a Virgin HD box and PS3 connected to the other HDMI ports.  The sound issue only occurs when I watch a Blu-Ray.

It takes a lot of messing around with the 'Sync' settings (switch from TV to Audio several times) before eventually the TV speakers switch off and sound is just through the BDV-3100.

Anyone had this issue?  I also have problems with the Home Cinema system not powering on or off reliably over HDMI, but I have seen that these Android TV's have no end of problem with HDMI control at present.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From your description, i would replace the HDMI cable to be honest.  As it appears to be an intemittent switching issue.  

Cheers

LunaLyng
Explorer

When you go to options(on remote), then click sound, is "auto sound volume" turned off? It needs to be off if you don't want the tv speakers and other audio on simultaniously.