Join now - be part of our community!

TV Sound problem

profile.country.GB.title
COLINH34
Explorer

TV Sound problem

Hi

I have just bought a new 2020 Sony Bravia KD-43XH8096BU TV . I also bought a pair of Sony wireless headphones - hoping to use them with the TV. When I tried to use them with the TV I then found that this new TV was not able to pair with the headphones. A bit of research then told me that the only way to bluetooth them together was to either buy a One for All TV transmitter or fudge it apps wise. I bought the One for All adapter and plugged it in. It works OK, but there is a problem that when I use the headphones the sound to my Soundbar keeps on as well. My soundbar is connected to my TV with an optical cable and I am using a Freesat Receiver with a HDMI connection to my TV. I also have a DVD player connected to TV with a HDMI cable. My question is - can the TV be set in any way as to when I use my headphones it will automatically cut the sound to my Soundbar and only sound to my headphones. ? Would it have been better to have gone down the app/software route.?

I have already tried switching a setting in Sound menu from "Audio System" to "TV speakers" but this does not seem to work.  

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The optical audio output is always active, so unfortunately your only option is to switch off the soundbar when not needed

profile.country.GB.title
COLINH34
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling that was the case as I have tried changing many sound/audio settings. Will switch or mute the soundbar off after I have got an optimum sound level through my headphones - as the volume control of the sound bar has an effect on the sound level range of the TV headset volume control. (If you turn the sound bar volume right down so as not to hear it- the TV volume control has to be set right up to almost 100% to achieve satisfactory sound through the headphones).