Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia tv KD-65XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
Bcox.7
Explorer

Sony Bravia tv KD-65XF9005

Hi all (wifi not connected issues) 

so I’ve had my Sony Bravia  tv just over a year, in the last few months I’ve been getting WiFi not connected half way through watching a program via the apps on the tv I have tried multiple attempts to fix the issue uninstalling programs and re-starting the tv and it fixes for a short period of time( always check to make sure it’s updated ect  .

this is driving me insane how can such an expensive product I.e a telly that’s costs over 1k can have such ridiculous issues anyone got any tips?

i refuse to use a Ethernet cable, when the tv WiFi connection should just work I have no issues with any of of my devices connecting to the internet .

please help guys 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Hi, I had the same problem but with wired ethernet, after watching with no problems at all it would suddenly just lose connection and then wouldn’t reconnect without a restart.

I was advised on av forums to switch off the ipv6 setting in my sky router, which I did. This has cured the issue for me, so it may be worth you also giving it a try.

profile.country.GB.title
Bcox.7
Explorer

Hi mate 

any idea how I go about changing the settings on my sky router ?

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Type in your search bar 192.168.0.1 and it will take you to your sky router menu. Click on advanced in the menu bar at the top then log in using username “admin” and password “sky”. Now go to lan ip setup and untick “enable ipv6 on lan side”. Thats it. 

I done this on mine and have had perfect internet since.

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Forgot to mention, click “apply” at bottom of screen to save the setting otherwise it won’t change the setting

profile.country.GB.title
Bcox.7
Explorer

Thanks mate will let you know

Kind Regards
Ben Cox