Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 43W807C sound distortion at lower volumes

sid1987
Explorer

Sony 43W807C sound distortion at lower volumes

Hi, i'm hoping somebody can help me here.

I just bought the above Sony TV and i have been having issues with the sound on it. I have an nVidia shield console connected to the Sony TV via HDMI. I don't have a seperate sound system, all sound is being played through the TV. I have noticed that there is a lot of distortion to the sound when it is set to less than ~20 on the TV. It's a combination of buzzing/hissing/tinny sound, the type you used to get on older TVs when they displayed snowy screens. It's very noticable and irritating and is more pronounced the lower the volume is. At first i was convinced it was the nvidia console as it is also new but then i noticed that the same sound can be heard when scrolling through the smart TV functions on the TV. I also tried my PS4 and the same applies to that too and now i am convinced it is the TV. When there is no sound being played there is no sound distortion noise at all through the speakers, it only happens when there is sound playing at volumes of around 20 and under ( i usually set the volume at 20 max in the house). I have tried altering the sound settings on the TV but none seem to make any difference.

Is there anything else i can try or is the TV possibly faulty?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
sid1987
Explorer

Bump, any ideas kind people?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The TV how is connected to which amp?

sid1987
Explorer

Hi, the TV is not connected to a seperate amp, I have the ps4 and nVidia shield console connected to TV via HDMI for both sound and video.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry I misunderstood you telling you were connected to an amp, instead you said you do not have it.

Seems very strange... Tv speaker are not that good on flat panel, but you should not have this kind of problems especially on low volume. Only thing I can suggest is to verify to have set the speaker according to your TV (wall mounted or not) and to check the effect of the various sound setup (Clear Audio etc.). Did you install the latest firmware?