Join now - be part of our community!

Sky Q UHD on KD-65A1

profile.country.GB.title
Vasilor
Explorer

Sky Q UHD on KD-65A1

Can anyone tell me if I get Sky Q with 4K, will I get an actual 4K picture connecting to HDMI 1 on my KD-65A1?

In 'settings' it suggests HDMI signal for 4K etc. is only supported on HDMI 2 & 3?

Having spent 5K on the telly I wouldn't have expected to be limited to inputs. By the time I have Sky Q and perhaps Xbox X1, along with the UHD/HDR Blu-ray player, and sound system on the ARC channel am I actually going to best the best of these devices?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The information I have is:

"Up to 18Gbps:4K 60p 4:4:4(8bit), 4:2:2(8,10,12bit), 4:2:0(8,10bit) HDR included for HDMI 2/3"

I know this is far from perfect.  But considering that you have a high-end TV at substatial cost, as having or planning on other high-end devices - it might be worth thinking of an AV Receiver that supports HDR pass-through.  Possibly the STR-DN1080 which does HDR pass-through.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Vasilor
Explorer

Wow, to say this is 'far from perfect' is something of an understatement. I certainly didn't expect to need to shell out another £500+ just to be able to connect more than 2 HDR/4K devices.

Disappointing and frustrating are my (polite) choice of words. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just keep in mind that I am not a Sony Rep or employed by Sony in anyway.  My choice of words in order to answer your questions may not be as 'polished' as Sonys.

The only other thing I can suggest if you are not happy about this is to contact Sony themselves and complain about why this is the case.  I certainly agree with you, for such a high-end TV, all 4 ports should certainly be 4K HDR (18Gbps). 

Cheers