Join now - be part of our community!

Removing volume bar on KD-55S8505C

liam08
Explorer

Removing volume bar on KD-55S8505C

Hi, new around here. I've had the above TV for 6 or so months and it's paired with Sonos. Annoyingly, the speakers on the TV are switched off and the Sonos has it's own volume settings, which mean the volume bar and the Sonos volume are alway out of sync. 

Is there anyway to remove the bar?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The volume bars will probably always be out of sync, because different manufacturers use different scales.  However, have you thought about or tried disabling 'Bravia Sync' on the TV?

Cheers

liam08
Explorer

I know they'll never sync up correctly, that's why I'd like to turn it off. I tend to adjust the Sonos with either the physical buttons on the Play 1's as they're next to me or use the iPhone app. I've never bothered with Bravia Sync as far as I'm aware.

Thanks.

Edit: From what I understand, Bravia Sync wouldn't work over optical out anyway, would it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, Bravia Sync used HDMI-CEC function.  So that option is out.  At this stage, I dont know as I am unsure on the Sonos systems.  Is there anything in the Sonos manual that 'could' help?

Maybe another forum member with a Sonos system could chip in?

Cheers

EDIT: What model Sonos have you got?

liam08
Explorer

It's a Playbar that's connected to the TV. I've look on the Sonos website, but there is nothing. 

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Different manufacturers use different scales........ Including Sony. 

My Sony HT-RT5 scales half to my Sony TV.... Pretty ridiculous. 

Also while I'm on the subject, in Sony's infinite wisdom, maybe you could let their remote control designers know that if you have the volume part of the remote for the TV on the left hand side of your remote, then having a remote for your Sony branded 5.1 setup have the volume on the right hand side of the remote and the subwoofer on the left is poor design choice, lol.