Join now - be part of our community!

Playing music through Android TV on Sony x8305

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Playing music through Android TV on Sony x8305

is there an easy way to link a music library up to play through this tv?

i have about 10,000 songs on my home pc all in iTunes. I've just got a new 49x8305c tv, and want to be able to play this music through it. Is that possible? 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont have any experience with iTunes, but a Google search in connection with Kodo, brings up the following:

http://www.trevorayers.com/how-to-play-itunes-library-in-kodi/

See if it works anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Thanks. Unfortunately this shows how to add your iTunes library to Kodi on a desktop or Mac, but not to link it up from the pc to the tv.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there no way to adapt those instructions for the tv - i assumed it would be similar?

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Not really. They tell you how to link to the folders, which works fine on a PC, but when I link to them on KODI on my Android TV, they can't find any music. Additionally, it's not really geared as a music player in the same way that iTunes is I don't think.

Is there anything else out there which will do this?

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Would Plex handle this any better?

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Looking at it, I should be able to connect to my home PC on the network through the Google Music Player? However when I go to my network it doesn't give me an option to connect or log on or anything? Are there any other options for doing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your computer setup as a DLNA server?  Meaning do you have anything like Plex Server or Serviio running - if not, this needs to be done in order to play files from a pc to a tv

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

It's not at the moment, becasue so far I've just set it up to play video files from my PC, which I can do using KODI/ES File Manager, without the need to set up a server. I have been looking at PLEX, but don't know if that has a proper UI for playing music in a logical manner.  As I say, I can access the files in KODI, but have no proper way of playing them. But in Google Music, it wont let me connect, even though there's clearly an option to.

Maybe I'll haev a play around with PLEX tonight.

profile.country.GB.title
jesstan
Explorer

Use Google Music. You don't need to subscribe to the premium service. You can upload/match up to 50,000 songs free of charge. It works very well. I also use Plex which costs but is excellent. Interface similar to Google Music.