Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix HDR Firmware update 12th April - KD49X8005CBU

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Netflix HDR Firmware update 12th April - KD49X8005CBU

Hi Quinicus,

I note that Sony have issued a firmware Update on the 12th April for my KD49X8005CBU TV. It describes the addition of Netflix HDR. It also says it only applies to 4K HDR TVs and lists the following X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C only. However we have communicated together previously and I believe you advised that my TV now had HDR capabilities following previous firmware updates. May I ask you to please clarify if the addition of Netflix HDR applies to my TV.

Many thanks

Regards

Costeta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately HDR is not available on your TV.  Ive had it re-confirmed.  Sorry to give you the bad news.

These are the models that do support HDR

(4K HDR 2015 models: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C only)

(4K HDR 2016 models: XD80, XD83, XD85, SD85, XD93 and XD94 only)

Cheers

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had to clarify this with Sony too - just a couple of weeks ago.  As there is some conflicting information.   All 4K 2015 Android TVs receive the same firmware (slightly different from EU and UK however).

The following two documents suggest that HDR is on the X8005C TV, as the model is listed, see HERE and HERE.  However, there are other documents to suggest it is not available, such as HERE and HERE as it doesnt mention your model.

And then this thread HERE was made a couple of weeks back.  So i sent an email to one of my contacts within Sony to seek clarrification.  The response is as follows:

"For the 15 models: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C.  Not X830xC, X8005C, S8005C    (and not the 2K models either).    "

Apologies for advising different in the past, but it doesnt help when Sony release official documentation that is misleading either.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinicus,

thanks for the speedy response.

Are you saying my TV does not support HDR after all or are you saying it does not have Netflix HDR following the recent firmware upgrade?

Thanks

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, im saying officially your TV (KD-49X8005C) does not support HDR at all...

To be frank, im still a little confused over all this, mainly because of the original post by march83 in this post HERE.

Sony tells me your model doesnt support HDR, but I dont know the technicalities of why.  

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Oh dear that's a great shame. Seems a bit silly updating the HDMI ports to 2.0a if that's the case.

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinicus, attached is a copy of an e-mail I received from Sony support on the 21st Dec 2015.

"

Dear Mr Fox

Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your query, please note that the update for HDR support has already been out and your TV should support this feature after updating to the latest firmware released.

As for the issue you are experiencing with your TV, we recommend you to reset the TV by following the steps below:

·        Press "Home" button.

·        Select "Settings".

·        Select "TV".

·        Select "Storage and reset".

Please make sure that your TV is updated to the latest firmware version released:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v2645...

If the same issue still persists, please reply back to this email with the outcome in order for us to investigate further.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Yours sincerely,
Sally
Sony customer support

Sony Europe Limited"

PS My name is not Mr Fox Ha Ha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Costeta

Ill get back to you anyhow as im re-checking again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent discussion on the italian forums too. @rooobb

https://community.sony.it/t5/televisori/nuovo-firmware-android-tv-12-aprile/td-p/2164312/page/4

_20160413_205620.JPG

So it seems that even though the firmware is there, its the hardware (i.e. the lack of Trillumios) on the X8005C that prevents HDR.

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinnicus,

was your last reply your final statement on the subject or are you still going to investigate further with Sony?

Thanks 

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

That probably is the answer, but will get back to you.

Cheers