Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-65W855C ARC query

SOLVED
Bourney84
New

KDL-65W855C ARC query

Hi there I have the above model and have my Soundbar (Panasonic) plugged into arc.  my TiVo is plugged into hdmi 3. Problem is I have sound but the volume numbers do not come up on screen and when I put TiVo onto a radio channel (say kiss) the sound is soooooo much louder. Cannot for the life of me work out why this is happening so if anybody can help that will be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the volume display not displaying on the TV, you may need to check the HDMI-CEC settings on the soundbar.  HDMI-CEC is based on a very loose set of standards, this therefore means manufacturers implement HDMI-CEC slighly differently, and hence not always fully works when mixing different branded devices.

Having said that though, there is an outstanding HDMI-CEC bug/issue that is yet to be fixed on these Android TVs, that may also be the cause (just a guess though), see HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to the volume display not displaying on the TV, you may need to check the HDMI-CEC settings on the soundbar.  HDMI-CEC is based on a very loose set of standards, this therefore means manufacturers implement HDMI-CEC slighly differently, and hence not always fully works when mixing different branded devices.

Having said that though, there is an outstanding HDMI-CEC bug/issue that is yet to be fixed on these Android TVs, that may also be the cause (just a guess though), see HERE

Cheers

Bourney84
New

Thanks for reply. That's makes sense. 

Many thanks.