Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55AG9

profile.country.GB.title
tess3012

KD-55AG9

Cannot connect TV to dell PC with wifi direct. Screenshot 26_06_2021 13_36_33.pngPC is not accepting wpa code from tv

10 REPLIES 10
Piscie
Community Team

Have you tried to reset both devices from the mains and disconnect anything connected to them? Then plug them back and test again.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

But which is the reason you would connect a PC to the wifi direct of the tv? Don't you have a router in your setup?

profile.country.GB.title
tess3012
profile.country.GB.title
tess3012

Is there another way

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi,

I would suggest you try to use a smartphone instead and check if it will work, make sure both units are connected to the same WIFI network.

profile.country.GB.title
tess3012

Hello

Not quite sure this helps when I am trying to connect pc to tv

Regards

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@tess3012 you didn't answer what you want to do with your PC... connecting to wifidirect is not bringing any benefit. So please: what do you need? Mirroring the screen?

profile.country.GB.title
tess3012

Hello Roob

I did reply to you, or I thought I did but cannot see the reply apologise. I just want to hook up the pc to watch movies  and photos, nothing to scientific I thought mirroring would be picture only no sound, so I chose the wifi direct

REgards

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In order to watch movies or photo stored on the PC hard drive, the easiest way is to have the PC share them via the DLNA protocol. Windows has an embedded DLNA sharing feature, but I'd suggest to install and use serviio (serviio.org) . PC and TV must be on the same network (no need for a direct connection) and you'll see the available media on the pc using the stock app on the TV (or any other player you may want to install).

BTW: mirroring the PC will apply to video and sound, but is far more inefficient than DLNA. And AG9 won't support Microsoft Miracast protocol (standard for Windows) and you should use Chrome browser cast feature to do it. But again I don't advice you to do so for watching media