3. Current time

4. Current show name

5. Current show start time

6. Current show end time

7. Current show progress

8. Next show name

9. Next show start time

10. Next show end time

11. Shorcut to details about the show - long description, cast etc...

Even after an year with my TV, I still cannot believe that info banner is so concise and that 7,8,9,10,11 from above list are missing. I still think there is a setup I overlooked or similar, that will provide this basic info. 

I'm aware that with several button press I can get additional info, with next show, but it is pretty unconvinient. Even harder with the touch remote. 

The info banner, should be easily accessible and with single button, to see all the info. 

In addition, another standard feature is missing, this is a vertical marker line in the EPG, that will indicate current time, thus showing progress of all displayed channels.

I consider this so basic, that I still cannot believe this is missing and update after update it is not improving at all. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response for your query.  Are you able to reply back with the model of your TV?

Cheers

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

I suppose this is valid for all android models, anyway here is my concrete model: KDL-43W756C

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @anton.stamenov

Other than concise info banner which is true and about 7, 8, 9 , 10, 11 :

Check:

Home - Settings - Channel setup - Info banner

Set this to enabled(on)

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

This turn on/off the info panel. It does not add/remove additional info from it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to clarify details - Can you please tell me which EPG you are using - The YouView EPG or the default EPG (when YouView is disabled).

Cheers

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

I'm outside UK, so no freeview here. I guess I'm using default EPG.

Here are some screenshots, demonstrating what I'm talking about.

1. Sony android tv - no progress, no next show title.

IMG_2614.JPG

2. Another, older tv - there is progress bar (vertical) and there is next show title.

IMG_2615.JPG

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

This is not the real info. This is what appears when browsing channels. A very concise "info", which is true, as you say.

But, you must press the info button (i+) on remote for more info and then right arrow for next show. Or you must press GUIDE. Some times EPG has more information.

rmt.PNG

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

What you mean by "this is not the real info". 

I post a screenshot and this is what I receive when I switch the channels. Are you saying that I photoshop the image?

I'm aware of several other methods to receive additional info, but these are not convinient and requires additional button press and remote control activity. If somthing is not convininent, it will not be used. I can open TV program on my mobile and check there, this is what I actually do, as it is unconvinent to do it on the TV itself.

You point the i+ button on the IR remote control, but it is a differnt methodogy if you have a touch remote control. 

Which again makes it pretty unconvinient. 

This does not change the fact that info pannel when changing channels is too concsise. 

This does not change the fact that there are two different info pannels. Why?

This does not change the fact that both of them are missing the progress bar.

This does not change the fact that I need to press 2 buttons on the remote control to see what is comming next. If I browse to find something usefull to watch and change 50 channels - this makes 3 buttons per channel = 150 button presses, instead of just 50. Not to speak that these are different buttons, which are hard to find in dark.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I mean that this is not the info. Nothing else. No conspiracies, no photoshops, no something else......

All you say is true and a complaint to Sony by e-mailing them for improving, is my best suggestion. I have also done this before but with no result.

We do not work for Sony, we have unsolved issues for more than a year, we try to help each other because of their (Sonys) apsence.

And something last. Many people are not aware of very simple things. Me, you and many others, could give them some help.