Join now - be part of our community!

Folder View on Sony Android 4k 2015 Bravia TV model

XirboSony
New

Folder View on Sony Android 4k 2015 Bravia TV model

Hi.

I have a 2015 Sony Android Bravia TV (with 4k). The model of my TV is: KD-49X830xC (a Nordic model).

My problem is how my TV does not have a folder view when accessing media from an external HDD or USB drive. I have lots of files, and with Sony's default view, it gets very tedious when looking for a file. My external HDD is very organized with folders and subfolders, but I'm not seeing these folders. Just files after files.

I have tried the following:

- Googling this problem and found a few threads regarding this, apparently this was changeable with a 2014 model. If I try to follow the instructions on those threads, the feature does not exist (or I am not able to find it). The application on Sony 2015 model is now called "Video" opposed to the 2014 model called "Media Player".

- Looking through TV settings, app settings, USB settings etc. to no avail.

- Firmware update (there are none, TV says it's fully updated).

- Downloading other video apps such as VLC, Kodi, MX Player etc (all of them show folder view just like how I want it, but the video playback is not the greatest compared to Sony's default video app. Some files can't even be played or stutters on certain media players).

Please, is there any way to change this behavior? Is the option hidden, because I can't seem to find it. Or is it something third? I'm even willing to wait for a firmware update, because right now, I can't watch my content how I want it, and that's sad for an expensive TV.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi and welcome,

through the side menu (left) you can not choose the App Video/Photo/Music folder display?

Manolo

XirboSony
New

I can, but it shows ALL folders, meaning that it mixes up the root folders as well as the subfolders.

I'd like the subfolders to be only accessed when clicking on the root folder. Is that possible?

Janekch

No, it is not. I was very disappointed when I started using Sony TV. My old TV Sony is 42w805a more better and searching folders, subfolders were perfect. I was thinking why did Sony not use good solutions from previous products?. My advice is use Kodi player to use with USB pendrive or HDD.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

We brought a dud. We will just have to get over it