Join now - be part of our community!

CES 2016: Are 2015 Sony 4K TV's already obsolete?

Patrandec

CES 2016: Are 2015 Sony 4K TV's already obsolete?

Hi All, 

I bought a KD-55S8005C in November and have had, likely many of you here, no end of trouble using Android TV. The tech is great with a superb screen. But it is  very ureliable, crashing, freezing, internet connection being dropped for no reason and the 3D (which I like and was a factor in purchasing it) does not work properly. I now see that CES 2016 has agreed a "new standard" for Ultra HD/HDR that seems to make all current 4K TV's obsolete? Does anyone know if this is true?

If it is then its horrible state of affairs that the TV manufacturers have inflicted on customers and given Sony's very poor track record in customer service here in the UK (seriously, no firmware updates until late February/early March?) I do worry that they will abandon their 2015 TV's very quickly. I've been willing to wait for the Feb/Mar update to see if the freezing, 3D etc will be fixed but if it is the case that the TV is already obsolete I might cut my losses and return it to Amazon as not fit for purpose. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Let me see if i can find out the differences between the HDR implemented on 2015 TVs to 2016 TVs.

Ill post back if i can get the required info.

Cheers