Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD49XE8396 freeview with satellite dish

drfishflan
Explorer

Bravia KD49XE8396 freeview with satellite dish

I have bought a new bravia KD49XE8396 tv.

Great tv but having trouble getting it to work with our satelite dish. We are not a great freeview aerial signal area.

So want to use the satellite dish for a free channels.

Unfortuantely the tv does not come with freeview hd. What is the best way of getting this working. Find it hard to believe that Sony would make a tv that would not work well with both aerial and satelite?

Can I install Freeview HD on my android os?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Freeview HD is just the HD channels on Freeview, still over the air, so I am afraid it won’t get you any further forward.

To get Freeview or to get satellite on these TVs, you have to disable YouView. Perhaps you have already done this; if not, instructions are in the FAQ at the top of this forum.

I think what you may be looking for is Freesat? But no, these sets do not provide this, just a Now and Next EPG for satellite. And no, you can’t install Freesat on these sets, from anywhere.

If you want Freesat on the TV then I am afraid these Sony Androids are not the sets for you; though you may be able to buy a separate Freesat box and plug it in.

Otherwise, if you want native Freesat, go back where you bought the Sony TV and explain, and they may be able to swap it for a set with this built in.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking