Join now - be part of our community!

ARC Not Working with KD-55XD8599 and Denon AVR-X2300

SOLVED
cipher34
Explorer

ARC Not Working with KD-55XD8599 and Denon AVR-X2300

Hi I have sony KD-55xd8599 4K tv bought about a month ago. Everything is working great. Good picture. Pleased with the TV. The only issue i have is that i cannot get audio from my TV to my Denon AVR-X2300 receiver through HDMI over ARC. It is a new HDMI cable from amazon which supports ARC. I have tested my AV receiver at my friends place who has a samsung TV and it works great. HDMI cable connected from ARC out on denon to HDMI 4 (ARC) on TV. PS3, samsung BD player and sky box attached to Denon. ARC switched on in the receiver. Bravia sync enabled. Firmware updated to latest. It did work once when i switched it on early in the morning. After that once it went to standby then the audio through the sound system didnt work. Currently sending audio signals from tv to av receiver through optical cable and it works great. Prefer to have it hdmi though as 5.1 pcm is supported in HDMI instead of 2 ch PCM through optical cable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cipher34
Explorer

ARC is working now. Not sure which intervention sorted it. Received an update from Denon which i did. Performed soft reset of TV. Power cycled both TV and av receiver. Removed all input from AV receiver and just connected TV to AVR using HDMI via ARC. It worked. Now sound through audio system via HDMI cable. AV receiver shows as input in home pahe under connection. Bravia sync devices shows the model of AVR. Then attached PS3 and still ARC is working. Will slowly add BD player and Sky one by one and let you know if any devices will break the ARC. Quite pleased now. Everything works as it should for me. Mainly bought this TV as Kodi is available as a native app. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cipher34
Explorer

ARC is working now. Not sure which intervention sorted it. Received an update from Denon which i did. Performed soft reset of TV. Power cycled both TV and av receiver. Removed all input from AV receiver and just connected TV to AVR using HDMI via ARC. It worked. Now sound through audio system via HDMI cable. AV receiver shows as input in home pahe under connection. Bravia sync devices shows the model of AVR. Then attached PS3 and still ARC is working. Will slowly add BD player and Sky one by one and let you know if any devices will break the ARC. Quite pleased now. Everything works as it should for me. Mainly bought this TV as Kodi is available as a native app. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting that.  Im glad ARC is now working on the Denon, as I believe there have been a couple of posts about that on this forum (cant remember where though) - although I believe Onkyo are also having this issue too :slight_smile:

Cheers

PS: Ive moved your issue to a new topic.