Join now - be part of our community!

android tv xe8596 vs dolby atmos

profile.country.SK.title
Teraphosa
New

android tv xe8596 vs dolby atmos

Hello ... how do i start my TV / I have a amplifier denon x2400h / * .mkv to make the dolby atmos and dts: x .. its possible with android..i make  5 hours and nothing :((

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Not possible. A TV typically has no HDMI outputs. So it can either output audio via S/PDIF or via an HDMI input's ARC channel. Neither supports Dolby Atmos to be bitstreamed. You have to wait for TV and AVR to support HDMI 2.1 and eARC. Or you buy a media player box with HDMI outputs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to elaborate on what KM say above.  Its the AV Receiver (i.e. Denon) that does the audio decoding of Dolby Atmos.  You would connect a bluray player or other device directly to the AV Receiver and then the audio is fed from the device to the AV Receiver, Dolby Atmos is played to the speakers and the video is fed to the TV to view.

profile.country.SK.title
Teraphosa
New

thx.. something like ps4 pro ? xbox one ? or zidoo x9s ... i need play MKV 

akuliv
New

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Teraphosa

I see the Denon AVR-X2400H is Dolby Atmos enabled and can pass-through HDR.  So as long as the device is connected to the AVR-X2400H and can pass audio (bit-stream) to it, then should be ok.  As far as I am aware, the PS4 Pro cannot playback MKV files. 

I believe the Zidoo X9S can do it, if you set the audio to "RAW" in KODI.  However you will need to research this to ensure it does.

Cheers