Join now - be part of our community!

Android tv won't turn on from standby mode

profile.country.GB.title
sunseeker247
Explorer

Android tv won't turn on from standby mode

hi I am hoping someone can help I have a Sony android TV that I turn off with the remote using the green button EXT box menu which puts the tv into standby mode, when I get up the next day and try and turn the TVs on with the same button it does not come on, to get the tv to come on I have to turn the switch off where the plug is wait 10 seconds then switch it back on, then when I press the green button but it always reboots the tv which is not ideal, does any one have any suggestions ?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Have you tried removing the device in your usb port before switching to standby?

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

@sunseeker247  Any progress?

profile.country.GR.title
trospeg4
Explorer

Hi All, 

Just for the record. 

I face the same issue with a KD-49XG8096 android TV, it happens randomly, once every 2-3 weeks.

Thank you. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

@trospeg4  Did you try the usb remove tip?

profile.country.GR.title
trospeg4
Explorer

@khallergard yes I removed the USB dongle yesterday and will see if the issue reoccur in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the tip! 

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

My problem started after upgrade to Oreo 6.6510.  As i realized that the RF dongle was the culprit, I switched to a bluetooth mouse.  Recently I received an ota update to Oreo 6.6545.  Tested for a few days with the RF dongle in wjth no problems.

profile.country.GR.title
trospeg4
Explorer

Just wanted to let you know that the USB dongle removal tip seems to solve the issue. For over a month now issue not occurred.

I will order a Bluetooth mouse instead. 

Thanks for the tip @khallergard :slight_smile: