Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
Taurins33
New

Hi All,

I had to post as this was driving me crazy. I have had this issue with Wi-fi connectivity multiple times and a factory reset resolved it.

However I got fed up with factory resting my TV every time this happened just to get an internet connection. In the past i tried modifying router settings, manually setting up the connection etc to no avail.

I have found that disabling and re-enabling the built in Wi-fi adapter resolves the issue for me: Settings > Advanced Settings > Built in Wi-fi

This has worked on multiple occasions.

Model: Bravia 4k 2015 / KD-55X8509C

Version: 5.1 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Taurins33

Thanks for posting your quicker work-around.  Interested to know if people are still experiencing many issues with network connectivity with the new Marshmallow release?

Cheers

profile.country.ES.title
pairanz
Explorer

Yes, even more than before, this is really insane.

Tried several router settings and stil no clue, laptop can connect without problem (or even mobile) but tv fails misserabily 😕

Is there any report about this being recognized as an issue? 

profile.country.GB.title
behanspen
Explorer

Having recently changed to the latest BT hub 6,the tv is now losing the wifi signal, laptops, phones have no problem . Reverted back to BT smart hub 5 and everything is fine again.

Looks like sony bravia compatibilty problem with BT smart hub 6 !!!

Hellothere19
Explorer

I bought a Sony smart TV in September 2016, model nr KD 55XD8599

i have a BT smarthub 6 and all was working fine till this weekend. 

The smart TV does not longer connect to the internet. Not by the hdmi câble and not by using the wifi. I restarted the router etc but that didn't help. All other electronic devices are working fine and can connect apart from Sony TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

On my 49XD8099 with Android 6.0.1 (update 6.1004) I have personally fixed the WiFi problems disabling the Wi-Fi Direct. I have been using the Wi-Fi (5GHz) in the last 24 hours and never had another issue. It connects fine after stand-by, and the transfer speed copying files with a file manager is about 100Mbps or more (which is better than via Ethernet). The connection to the Internet seems to be at full bandwidth too.

I know it will not help everyone, but in case Wi-Fi Direct is enabled just try disabling it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
pdagnall
Explorer

I've had a wierd issue a few times now with my KD-49X8305C (latest FW).

I've got cat6 cabling throughout the house and the TV is wired into a Gig switch.

My LAN lost internet connectivity yesterday and at first I thought it was Virgin but after a reboot and check with Virgin, all was ok with them.  I also noticed a complete loss of LAN traffic as well - my PCs couldnt connect to my home server or shares nor could they ping each other.

I began troubleshooting the switches to no avail, then finally unplugging each connection to see it it was a device issue.

Low and behold as soon as I unpatched my TV from the LAN, all connectivity came back!

This also reminded me of something a couple of years ago when I used to play around with Cyanogen on my old HP tablet.  There was one build that did the same, once I connected itto the LAN, everything else lost connectivity so I'm led to beleive it's an issue with Android.

Has any one else noticed this?  (I know I may be in a small majority with my setup)

nosh118
Explorer

Hi guys,

Weird thing here.

I have a KD55X8509C and it's not plugged into ethernet but it says it is, just not getting any network connection. I'm on latest software (as of 28/03/17) and it won't even let me connect it manually to Wi-Fi.

There is an HDMI signal relaying using ethernet but that shouldn't affect the network right?

Please help out,

Noah

nosh118
Explorer

Also, the only way I could update was via USB. Please reply ASAP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @nosh118

Are you able to plug an ethernet cable into the TV from your router?  If so, then disable the wifi using these instructions HERE.

And then go through the Wired Network Setup.

Cheers