Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV cannot pass through Dolby Atmos to Denon AVR-X2700H

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pakontal
Explorer

Android TV cannot pass through Dolby Atmos to Denon AVR-X2700H

Hi,

I have the Android TV KD-65XH9096 and also have the amplifier DENON AVR-X2700H.
Both support Dolby Atmos. I have connected the TV to the amplifier through the eARC HDMI ports in both devices.
Unfortunately, when sending Dolby Atmos, the amplifier receives either Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus.
(I tested by running Netflix, finding a movie with Dolby Atmos, and checking the protocol that receives the amplifier.) I couldn't find anything in TV settings that allow sending Dolby Atmos in the amplifier.

Anyone that could help?
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@pakontal I have to admit I didn't quite understood your setup (I thought you were running the Netflix app on an Apple TV box for comparison).

In this case you have also the answer: nothing wrong with the setup, nothing wrong with eARC/ARC either, nor with Android TV, not with the TV in general... it remains only the developer of Netflix :wink: that can explain why it detects an Atmos capable device but doesn't pass it through to the AVR

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try playing a real lossless Dolby Atmos track. Netflix uses DD+ encoding with Dolby Atmos that may confuse your amp.

profile.country.GB.title
pakontal
Explorer

I played from AppleTV and amplifier recognizes Dolby Atmos.

What can I do in order to play Dolby Atmos from Netflix?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Channels used are different (while using the Apple tv you are using the regular HDMI flow that is much wider than ARC/eARC one). You should double check the eARC is enabled on both the TV and the AVR (even if it should pass also via ARC)

profile.country.GB.title
pakontal
Explorer

Maybe I was not clear.
I installed AppleTV Software on my Sony KH90 as Netflix is installed.
Although I am not an expert in AV systems, I believe that both apps used eARC to transfer the sound.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@pakontal I have to admit I didn't quite understood your setup (I thought you were running the Netflix app on an Apple TV box for comparison).

In this case you have also the answer: nothing wrong with the setup, nothing wrong with eARC/ARC either, nor with Android TV, not with the TV in general... it remains only the developer of Netflix :wink: that can explain why it detects an Atmos capable device but doesn't pass it through to the AVR

profile.country.GB.title
pakontal
Explorer

@rooobbthank you very much for your help!