Join now - be part of our community!

55XD8599 Connected to STR-DN610

IanMol
New

55XD8599 Connected to STR-DN610

Hi All,

Put this in TV's but could be an AV question as well.

I have the following equipment:

TV - 55XD8599  (Just purchased)

AV - STR-DN610

Sky HD

Blu Ray - BDP-S3700

Xbox One

Previously all equipment went in to the AV unit then TV connected via ARC.

ARC is switched on in the AV unit.

With the new TV I want to use most of the functions and try and condense the remotes used.

I did the same setup as before (TV ARC and everything else through the AV) however I notice that I still need to use the Sky remote (The IR Blaster did not seem to work) and things like the Guide option do not work when trying to change channel for Sky.

In addition when I change to Amazon Prime through the TV I need to change the AV input to HDMI 4 (ARC) to get sound.  I was hoping that this would be automatic.

Given the AV is not 4k Compatible would I be best plugging all equipment that I can in to the TV and just using ARC found sound output?

If not what tips can you give me to fix some of the issues above?

Finally (sorry for the barrage of questions) I notice on the HDMI inputs you can change settings to 4k or standard.  Is there any issue with changing the port to 4k if the device connected is not 4k?

And with sound going through Arc sont site says enable "Control for HDMI" to on however I can not find that option anywhere.  Only thing I can think of is that you can out put Sound to AV rather than TV but when I do that I need to power off the AV and back on again.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'll try to give you some tips regarding what I know...

CTRL HDMI setting in Sony terms is called Bravia Sync. It's enabled by default normally, but you can find it in the menu setting under that name.

The problem you have about automatic switching or other malfunctioning could be due to Sky decoder not being fully compatible with the standard, so you may try to check if everything works fine disconnecting it: if it is ok, you may want to buy an HDMI cable CECless to avoid problems

I do not see any of your equipment 4K enabled so you are free to connect them directly to the TV or to the AV (but it's better to connect them to the AV normally. For the same reason there is no need to enable the HDMI inputs to 4K

cipher34
Explorer

Bravia sync is available under settings -> external inputs. I have the same TV connected to Denon AVR via HDMI 4 (ARC). Sky box, PS3 and samsung BD player connected to AVR. I use an harmony remote which switches everything in sequence and automatically changes input on TV and AVR. You have to enable Bravia sync on Tv and also similar setting (control over HDMI) in the av receiver to allow the AV receiver to change input when the tv outputs sound. My AV receiver automatically changes to TV audio when i play either kodi, bbc iplayer or amazon on TV.