Join now - be part of our community!

55 AG9 Slow to startup

profile.country.GB.title
JMW1967
Explorer

55 AG9 Slow to startup

Hello

I bought a Sony AG9 55" in October and it has worked beautifully until recently. Now, however, when the TV has sat for some time (at least 4-5 hours) and I turn it on, I have sound but just a black screen. After 2-3 mins the screen comes to life.  The white LED is lit on the bottom of the TV.

I have factory reset twice, unplugged cord from the wall overnight, not installed 'suggested apps' after factory reset and disabled WiFi to see if that is the issue but to no avail. I have also cleared caches and data on numerous apps and disabled some but also no luck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
DAZ517
Explorer

Thanks for that. 

So I won't be too happy that it has fixed itself just yet! I find intermittent problems to be so annoying as you can't always demonstrate it when you need to.

Coincidentally I think I can myth bust your theory on temperature as our hot water and heating system went down a couple of days ago on a very cold day and my partner confirmed that the tv started up in the morning when she tried it.

Will keep an eye on it anyway and let you know if it ever comes back.

Thanks

Dario

profile.country.GB.title
JMW1967
Explorer

Hi Dario

Well, that busted that myth quick-smart!

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. I fully agree intermittent problems are the worst as they know exactly when a technician is there and will stubbornly refuse to show themselves!

Hope it all works out for you and this gets resolved quickly.

All the best

Jeff

profile.country.GB.title
DAZ517
Explorer

Hi Jeff,

So here we are, the gremlin reappeared 2 weeks ago; but now can last for up to 15 minutes before the picture kicks in.

Reopened my ticket with Sony and after a few more questions they sent out an engineer from a third party company to diagnose/repair the set.

Upon arrival the engineer proceeded to do a hard factory reset by holding an area behind the screen on the bottom left and instructed me to flick the mains power on when he said so.

The set did indeed factory reset but the problem was not fixed. He immediately said it is a problem with a circuit board that is behind the screen and therefore can't be replaced (unlike other models that can be replaced). 

So in 3-5 days I'll be receiving my third AG9... third time lucky, right?! 

profile.country.GB.title
JMW1967
Explorer

Hi 

Wow, can't believe you are going on to your third!  

The only weird part is that my third party repair company said there was only one circuit board in the TV and it could easily be replaced.  Interesting yours said the opposite.

However, I hope third time lucky for you is indeed what happens!

Jeff