Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A9/A9ii silent shooting query.

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Sony A9/A9ii silent shooting query.

Is there a way to change the colour of the box that flashes to show that you are taking shots when in silent continuous shooting? I’m not talking about the AF box which you can change from white to red, but the box that’s almost as wide as the frame that flashes when you take the shots, as highlighted below. I’m sure I saw a video that showed that you can, but I can’t find it again and I can’t find anything in the menus so I may have dreamt it

AB6976E7-7A16-4334-A475-96FCDC5A0EE2.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Hmm, not sure if this can be disabled (Couldn't find anything in the instructions). Have you tried to push the Display button to change the displayed information?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks for your response again. Sorry to confuse you, it wasn’t that I want to disable it I wanted to change the colour of the box to make it more visible so it was more obvious to see that shots were being taken. The blackout free shooting takes some getting used to.

However, since posting on here it appears that it’s a new feature on the A1 where you can change the colour of the box to teal so hopefully this will filter down to the A9’s with a firmware update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

I've since found out that this is a feature of the A1, not the A9ii