Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 100-400mm GM Lens Creep

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Sony 100-400mm GM Lens Creep

I have the 100-400mm GM lens and it suffers from lens creep when used on a sling strap with the lens pointed down even when the zoom is in the tight setting, and from reading around I have seen this is a common issue/complaint. Why Sony chose this option and not a lock is beyond me.

Anyway, has anyone sent their lens back to Sony, or know of someone who's done this to increase the resistance when in tight setting or can this not be done?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Snerkler, I've seen this before, and it's not a fault as far as I understand, that's just the gravity pulling the lens down. I've seen people stabilizing it with rubber bands or even a bracelet. Regarding the investigation with Sony, did you hear back from them?

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks, as I mentioned earlier I know it's not a fault, just wondered if it could be tightened on request. Unfortunately the Sony CS team I have dealt with have not answered the question and just ask to send the lens in to check for a fault. I haven't sent it in as I know it's not faulty and it therefore seems a pointless exercise 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Get in touch with Sony again if possible, ask them to note this and push further with the technical team if possible.