Join now - be part of our community!

NEX Lense - Hard To Find

profile.country.en_GB.title
road2ruin
Visitor

NEX Lense - Hard To Find

Hi all,

I was just wondering, does anyone know why the Sony 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 OSS Lens for NEX is so hard to get hold of?

Unfortunatley I am limited in being able to buy from either Jessops (did have one on back order but today have been informed that they don't envisage stocking any in the near future) and Sony (never seem to have them in stock).

Bearing in mind there are only the 3 lenses available I don't understand how this one is so hard to find!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I know - mine has just arrived and I ordered it last year!!  It's a super lens. I think production has been behind schedule and stocks have been used on the new movie camera NEX-VG10.

Have you tried Amazon? Have a look at the options here: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003OUX6NG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1300797615&sr=8-1...

Avides only have one in stock and are free shipping - so hurry.

LambdaTek say they have it in stock at about £1 more (cheaper but you have to pay for shipping).

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
road2ruin
Visitor

Well, somewhat amazingly I have had a call from Jessops to say that they have got in a delivery of 12 of these lenses and being number 11 in line I have just snuck in to grab one!! In theory it is on the van for delivery as I type so hoping to have it by the end of the day.

Still find it hard to understand how Sony themselves can be so vague about when/if they themselves are going to get any of these lenses in!!