Join now - be part of our community!

Lens compatability.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
neil2011
Visitor

Lens compatability.

I am looking for a zoom lens for my A55  with a range of about 70 300. I have read that pre 2010 sigma lenses wont work, Tamron have communication issues with the camera and older minolta D lenses hunt like mad. I am aware of the sal75300 just wondered if anyone could suggest an alternative within a £200 budget. Cheers, neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

From past experiences, Sigma lenses have been great but their quality control was a let down for me. Their lower end lenses really didn't do justice on a higher resolution based sensor and made the lens look worse than it actually was.

My personal and honest recommendation is head down to you local camera store and try out a few different lenses/brands with your body. Take a few photos and reviewing them when you get home.

The biggest problem with trying to recommend a lens is without hands on use, its difficult to provide a broad analysis of them all.

I would honestly say if you were looking at a lens in that price range, the SAL75300 would be top of my list. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

From past experiences, Sigma lenses have been great but their quality control was a let down for me. Their lower end lenses really didn't do justice on a higher resolution based sensor and made the lens look worse than it actually was.

My personal and honest recommendation is head down to you local camera store and try out a few different lenses/brands with your body. Take a few photos and reviewing them when you get home.

The biggest problem with trying to recommend a lens is without hands on use, its difficult to provide a broad analysis of them all.

I would honestly say if you were looking at a lens in that price range, the SAL75300 would be top of my list. 

neil2011
Visitor

Thanks, good advice. Tried a DT 18- 250 yesterday. Thats the one for me but need to ask the missus first and  ebay some other toys. Thanks, neil.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
pahofst
Explorer

Check http://www.dyxum.com/

Cheers,

Paul