Join now - be part of our community!

IDC saving images as ARW2.1??

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

IDC saving images as ARW2.1??

Very curious thing happening with my A580 RAW images:

When I import images to iPhoto, they are perfect. But if I open the file in IDC 3.2 and save it as ARW the colours are all wrong when imported after that to iPhoto. In iPhoto the temperature setting has been moved to 2500 K and the tint to 150!!  Same colour shift happens when viewed in Xee.

A580 color is set to sRGB, IDC default colour space is set to "camera setting" and monitor to" sRGB".

My system is 10.6.5 and iPhoto version 9.1

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

Just in case somebody is interested in this issue, here's my corresponcence with Sony:

Sony support:
Thank you for your recent e-mail received on 21/11/2010 .

I am happy to learn that you are the owner of the Sony DSLR-A850.

I can confirm that the adjustments made through our software may only be correctly readable by itself, however, opening the files in a third party programs may result in incorrect colours/settings which would then need to be supported by the third party been used.

Me:

Thank you for a response.
It appears to be a strange feature as it indicates that the RAW image is processed thus making it incompatible with, say iPhoto, which can read un-altered images from the camera. This leaves very limited, if any, use for the IDC SR.
I own an A580, not an A850.

Sony:

Thank you for your reply.

Sony welcomes feedback of this nature and with this in mind, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us.

profile.country.GB.title
overmars
New

I think I have the same problem.  In camera the photos look fine.  But once I import them into IDC the color tempature seems to be so high the images look 'blotchy'.