Join now - be part of our community!

How do I tether my sony a55 to my laptop?

profile.country.en_GB.title
pompeyjen
Visitor

How do I tether my sony a55 to my laptop?

any one help?

I need to see pictures on my laptop at the same time as seeing them on my camera. I have been told to use the usb and it should work but it doesnt and then told to use the software provided with it but there isnt anything on the disc to do this....

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The image date suite will not be able to handle these protocols so the SLT-A55 and A33 models do not have the ability to connect direct to a PC for tether support so sadly this operation wont be something you can do.

Other models like the DSLR-A700, A800, A850 and A900 have these features since they have the remote capture software provided and the body has the protocols to do so.

daveden
Visitor

This is something I too have dreamed of doing for some time.  I thought that I would be able to do so when I bought my A350 but was very disapointed.

The software is on the support disk for the A350 (and for other models) so its not a question of writing it.

I, for one would be willing to pay for a firmware up-grade to acheive my ambition of timelapse photography and tethered storage.

Watashiwateshdes' comment is singularly unhelpful.  Yes, if I had unlimited funds I could buy a new camera like the A900. But just arriving at retirement places constraints on funds that will ensure that Sony will get no more from me unless it is made affordable by incremental upgrading.  Sony could publish the necessary USB interface protocols so that third party developers could provide these as other manufacturers have done.

Come on Sony, don't pour your considerable goodwill down the drain!

PS. I have semi fixed this by investing in an Eye-Fi.  A product which is supported by the current firmware.