Join now - be part of our community!

Flash trigger for Alpha 1

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

Flash trigger for Alpha 1

I recently had a session in a studio photographing a dancer. Unfortunately I was unable to attach any of the flash triggers supplied by the studio as they did not fit my Alpha 1 or Alpha 7R3, although one of the other people at the session also had an Alpha 7R3 and he was able to use the flash triggers, which does not make sense.

I am wondering if either the Phottix Odin II Flash Trigger for Sony, (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phottix-Odin-Flash-Trigger-Transmitter/dp/B01JGUQSRI/ref=sr_1_3?a=b&ascsubt...) or the Godox Xpro S Flash Trigger for Sony, (

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/godox-xpro-s-flash-trigger-for-sony-1749813/?mkwid=siIorbM3o_dc&pcrid=...

) would fit my Alpha 1, which is a superb camera.

According to Sony the FA-WRC1M is compatible with the A1, but with restrictions, (needs a radio controlled wireless flash or receiver (optional)). Is it only the receiver which is optional.

I am not sure if this would only work with a flashgun of mine or a receiver which would need to be attached to the studio flash, so more than one would be needed, unless the receivers which are attached to the studio flash would suffice.

I rarely use flash, and this was the first time I went to a studio so any advice would be helpful as I feel out of my depth. My preference would be the Godox as that is only £65, the Phottix is £125, but the Sony is the most expensive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piscie
Community Team

Well, ADP-MAA seems to be the only Sony shoe adapter compatible with the Alpha 1. I'm also not sure if this will attach to a canon camera also or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

I have just noticed that there are multi-shoe adapters and I am wondering if there is one which would attach to the Alpha 1 to enable a wireless trigger which fits a Canon camera to attach to my camera.

Piscie
Community Team

Well, ADP-MAA seems to be the only Sony shoe adapter compatible with the Alpha 1. I'm also not sure if this will attach to a canon camera also or not.