Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio S13P or Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mazboy
Visitor

Sony Vaio S13P or Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

I am looking for a suitable notebook to use for work to replace my ageing Dell Latitude D630. My Dell has served me well for 5 years but it is now start to struggle with my daily demands, and on top of that my second battery is slowly dying.

Even though i am a big Dell fan i have shortlisted the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s and Sony Vaio S13P as my two favourite options. It seems Dell hasn't really kept up with the competition in offering me a suitable option.

I am looking for something with a 13-14" screen, 1600 x 900 resolution, Intel Core i7, 8GB+ RAM, 256GB SSD, DVD +/- RW drive. It also has to be under 2kg ideally.

Both of these options offer me the power and options i need so now it's down to user experience. There are lots of reviews of the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s online but hardly any for the Sony Vaio S13P (that i can find) so was hoping there would be other users on here that could offer some valuable insight into this notebook. I am a little concerned about the Sony's battery life but have not been able to back this up with any facts, even the Sony site has minimal info. But the bonus for the Sony is that i can buy a secondary slim battery and docking station which are ideal for my needs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
mbrown3
Visitor

Curious as to what input you received, or what you decided, as I currently have my list down to these two as well. Appreciate any advice you can give...