Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube on Bravia KDL-32EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
BlueSmoke1000
Visitor

Youtube on Bravia KDL-32EX403

A few days ago, some of the Youtube functionality stopped working on my 2010 model Sony Bravia. (KDL32-EX403).  Although I was logged in, when I selected "My Account", I would get the message "A network error has ocurred".

To cut several days worth of trying things very short, I have :

Logged out and back in again (successfully) as both full email address and just my YouTube screen name.

Done a factory reset on the Bravia.

Removed and added favourites, playlists etc via a PC.

This has partially solved the problem, I can now watch videos in playlists, and favourites.

What I can't see is any of the videos in channels I've subscribed to.

If I go to "subscriptions", I get a list of them on my TV, but when I select any, instead of getting a list of videos, I get "a network error has occurred".

I have tried removing all my subscriptions, just adding one back, putting them all back etc (all via a PC) - this doesn't fix the problem.

It used to work fine. Only had problems in the last few days (coincidentally (?) around the same time I uploaded my first Youtube video from the account).

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Any ideas what I can do to fix it?  It's a bit annoying.

Stuart.

PS : Factory reset seems to have made the TV more responsive, I swear it's quicker opening Youtube etc when I select it, although it might just be psychological!  The TV has had probably 5 firmware updates since I got it, and this is the first factory reset I've done, so maybe it was a bit overdue.

Message was edited by: BlueSmoke1000

Message was edited by: BlueSmoke1000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlueSmoke1000
Visitor

Just to update : as of last yesterday evening (11th February 2012) I can now play videos from channels I have subscribed to.

I did not do anything to fix this, it just started working, after several days of failing!

Just checked as I typed this - it's still working :slight_smile:

Stuart.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pusaqall
Visitor

What I always do is to play Youtube videos via my PC where it is connected to my Bravia HD TV. it seems like it is working for me just fine.

knoxieman
Visitor

Hi

Yes I have the exact same problem, this problem has arisen because of a change at youtube not on the TV as my Sony bluray player will also not show my subscription channel either, the favourites work and the videos play fine its just the subscriptions dont work it says network error, my TV is the 40 inch edge lit KDX.

I am sure Sony must be working on it, its annoying as I subscribe to lots of folks and it did work but now it doesnt, will call Sony and tell them soon if it still doesnt work having just spent 2000 pounds on their home cinema equipment!

On the whole though the TV is brilliant 🙂

Catmambo
Contributor

Will get this looked at as indeed, it sounds like something has changed on YouTube side, but the tv is still pointing to the old link or something..

Thanks

BlueSmoke1000
Visitor

Just to update : as of last yesterday evening (11th February 2012) I can now play videos from channels I have subscribed to.

I did not do anything to fix this, it just started working, after several days of failing!

Just checked as I typed this - it's still working :slight_smile:

Stuart.