Join now - be part of our community!

xperia tablet z won't charge or turn on

funkymunky82
Visitor

xperia tablet z won't charge or turn on

I've had my tablet for a few months the battery drained so I went to plug it in but nothing happened, not even the charging light comes on I've tried all steps including holding down the volume+ and power buttons (the power light flashes twice but doesn't power on) I even tried connecting to my pc using pc companion but I get to step 2.prepare and can't go any further, I've followed all onscreen instructions and I'm ready to throw the tablet at a wall please help as I've not been able to use it for over a month now and it's only 6 months old
19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Connect your tablet to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 or 3 hours 

funkymunky82
Visitor

I've tried that the tablet has been plugged into the wall charger for 2 weeks and nothing
Thommo
Genius

I'm afraid to say that this sounds like your tablet is dead and your only options are to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have it inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

funkymunky82
Visitor

I've just got off the phone to a very friendly and very helpful customer service girl thanks for the help
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Keep us updated

SickofXperia
Visitor

His tablet isn't dead. MANY people are having the same issue where it won't turn on or start charging. It will randomly start charging and turning whenever the stupid thing feels like it wants to start charging. A TOTALLY ANNOYING DEVICE! I AM LIVID! I used to trust Sony but after spending this amount of money for a product that started doing this 6 months after buying I will never buy Sony again!

Hate_SONY200
Visitor

I know how you feel man, I lost my cellphone and my tablet, both of which are SONY, their devices , I am not buying this junk again

Jan714
Visitor

I had dropped mine, sent it to sony and they didn't have a screen for it. Sent it twice after I found a screen, turned out wrong one, so my 500. 00 tablet is now 600,my son's friend actually found one for 218 so now it's 800+ what I paid for him to fix it. I accidentally did power and volume. Up and it wouldn't come on. I did the volume down and power for 2min.and it came on. Thank God, but yesterday the battery died and ive tried everything, volume up volume down reset, nothing is working. I've lost my trust in sony for sure
DzikaBestia
Visitor

Hello

I know this a couple years after this problem started

Recently my Xperia Tablet Z did the same thing.

Wasn't used for some time. I tried to power it up - nothing. Tried to charging it. Nothing. At some point red light came on and it didnt do anything doesnt matter if it was charging or not. I heard 3 x blinking red light means batter dead. After i tried every possible combination with buttons I gave up. Next step - taking it appart. Its pretty easy. The back cover comes of after u use small plastic pry tool...and go around the edge. It is glued but easy to peel off. I also used the heat gun (u can use blow dryer) to help a little (but i think that heat gun fixed the whole problem) While doing that heating up the back cover I have noticed that the red light is off. It seemed like the dead battery got little warm and started to work. I pressed the power bottom and now the red light was flashing 3 times (it never did before) So I stopped with taking the tablet apart and connected the charging cable. The red light came back on and my screen turned on showing that it is charging. Problem solved. I know its stupid but I think that battery got so low at some point of not using the tablet ( and the place was cold) that it needed little warming up. Hopefully that helps.