Join now - be part of our community!

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Johan
Master

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Is there something you would like to know about the Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Make a post if there is something that you would like for me to check and I will do my best to help you.

100 REPLIES 100
Michalok
Visitor

Hi all, 

When I connect a ps3 controller to my Xperia z2 tablet it will not charge. 

Is it supposed to charge when connected? 

Thanks in advance 

Micha

SergioPL1
Contributor

Regarding AUX jack - no it should work with normal, 3-pole audio cable or 4/5 pole headphones. Mine is working fine.

DualShock controller may not charge from phone/tablet USB port. It doesn't have sufficient power to charge other devices - except maybe SmartWatch 2 or SWR 10 band.

Rickard
Master

@johnny8410

This issue may perhaps be related to the stereo you are connecting to and the resistance in that device. What happens if you connect the tablet with an AUX-cable that doesn't work to another stereo?

I suspect the stereo you are connecting to have a low resistance and the monster cable have some resistance itself which makes it work even though the resistance of your stereo is too low. This app may also help in that case: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

Petedb
Visitor

Any update on when lollipop will be available to z2 tablet 

Are there any plans for Sony Australia to start honoring the warranties on this piece of junk?

Rickard
Master

@Petedb

We have started rolling out Android 5.0 for Z2 Tablet but it's not released in all countries and markets yet.

@kannibal

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your tablet.

As warranty and service is handled at a local level by the local Sony Xperia support i suggest that you contact your local support team for assistance.

Thanks, but it's been escalated many times thru local so called customer support. Unfortunately they are of the opinion that even when their nominated repair centre puts, in writing, that the fault they rejected, is actually common & admitted by Sony as a fault, so no reason at all for warranty decline, that they can just leave it at that, and I'll still have to pay $250 to repair a faulty unit.

Thats so called customer service at Sony.

Decline, put it writing it's an admitted technical fault, tell me that's as far as it can be escalated, and I shouldn't have been given that in writing, so I should just forget I have it....I'm not joking on that part.

I'm not expecting any answers here, just sharing my wonderful experience with this incompetent, deceitful company in as many places as possible 

Michalok
Visitor

Dear Demi,

I am trying to connect my Tablet to my wifi for wifi file transfer, unfortunately my crappy I.S.P will not let me turn off my firewall ( even though i have a Sillicon graphics one ) .

how can I use wireless filetransfer ? I mean, what ports do i have to open on my modem to be able to let my xperia z2 tablet through the restrictions ?

Thanks again on forehand !

Thanks for putting so much time and effort in replying us.

Micha

Michalok
Visitor

I meant, Sergio...
SergioPL1
Contributor

@Michalok you mean file transfer in Settings / Memory / Remote shares ?

You shouldn't use Windows File Shared across internet. It is not secure enough protocol for such tasks. If you want to use shares over the internet SFTP/SSH shares are preferred solution.

To use it you need 22 port open on your router with redirection to your PC (protocol TCP). And your PC must have some kind of SFTP/SSH server installed.

Take a look at this thread for details how to set up it on the tablet side:

/t5/Xperia-Z2-Tablet/Remote-shares-Windows-share/td-p/645657