Join now - be part of our community!

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Johan
Master

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Is there something you would like to know about the Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Make a post if there is something that you would like for me to check and I will do my best to help you.

100 REPLIES 100
SergioPL1
Contributor

Are you Samsung activist or just got faulty unit and haven't tried to get it fixed?

Go to your mobile carrier and request a replacement or if it's over grace period contact with Xperia Care and arrange service inspection of your device.

zhangyong
Visitor

I want to build rom for my Xperia Z2 Tablet,  I have download device-sony-castor-master.zip and 17.1.2.A.0.314.tar.bz2 and SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_L_MR0_v7.zip, also entire the kitkat source of aosp, but there are too many errors in building, can you give me some suggestions? very thank you 

Amy00
Visitor

I have an Xperia Z2 tablet SGP511 I can connect it thru NFC and bluetooth and get sound from Sony Sound Bar HT-ST5 but I am wanting to also use Vpl-HW40ES  Sony Projector connected to sound bar thru HDMI cable but I am not getting picture. What adaptors or software do I need to do this?

Michalok
Visitor

What games of what sony devices can I play on my z2 tablet? 

As in : can I buy vita games in sony stores  and play them on my tablet? 

Rickard
Master

@Amy00

To also get picture you need an MHL to HDMI-adapter such as our IM750.

To do it wirelessly you could buy a Chromecast but please note that the cast screen function in Chromecast is still in beta and may not work without issues.

@Michalok

Apps and games needs to be made for Android to work on Xperia Z2 Tablet so a game for Vita will not work but some games are available for more than one platform.

Michalok
Visitor

Then isn't the the term "available on all your Sony devices"   misleading?. 

So,  I have a ps3, xperia z1 smartphone,  and a xperia z2 wifi tablet and I can't play one sony game on it? 

If that is the case,  I really really wasted a lot of money 

SergioPL1
Contributor

@Michalok wrote:

Then isn't the the term "available on all your Sony devices"   misleading?. 

So,  I have a ps3, xperia z1 smartphone,  and a xperia z2 wifi tablet and I can't play one sony game on it? 

If that is the case,  I really really wasted a lot of money 

It is not exactly that way. Look at the gaming consoles. There were games made for PS2 which PS3 couldn't play (only US region at the beginning of sales had full support for backward compatibility via additional hardware - it had PS2 parts inside to play games). PS4 can't play PS3 games.

Now the same applies to other hardware. You can't play PC/Windows game on Mac or PC game on PS3. iPhone games won't work on Android and so on.

Now going to devices from Sony... Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 Tablet can share most of games between them. There are some rules which game developers may apply (like bigger screen or different processors) that may affect availability but in general games between Android devices are compatible in high degree. Game from PS Vita or PS3 where implemented on totally different procesors, operating systems and available power. They can't be just moved around. It is not the same product, not the same game.

Michalok
Visitor

Thank you very much Sergio,  really appreciate the feedback. 

Are there any games out there that are not freemium?  

I mean, how do I find out where or how  to download better games then just freemium? 

Sorry for being an gadget nooblet

SergioPL1
Contributor

Some games are freemium but you can spend quality time without investing any money.

Try games like Beach Buggy Blitz, 2048, classic Angry Birds, Real Racing 3 (this game is big and will spam you with lots of notifications - you can disable them in settings / personalisation), Hill Climb Racing or Trip Trap.
Recently I'm investigating God of Light. I'm not sure if it spams with adverts but consider disabling background data transfer for that game. It downloaded 11 MB of data in background using mobile transfer. (Settings / Data usage / click on app and select restrict background data).

Hope you enjoy your device.
johnny8410
Visitor

Hello,

I'd a problem with my tablet since I got it. The headphone jack doesn't work with all aux cables. I have 5 aux cables that I tried on the tablet and only one works, which is from monster. I know the cables are good because I use them regularly with my smartphones. I have waited for firmware updates to see if it gets fixed but still no luck. I'm already on the latest firmware soI'm sure that it's the jack that's is bad. Can you confirm if this is a known issue, if not then I'll just send it in for repair. I have the US version Z2 Tablet 32GB Wi-Fi.