Join now - be part of our community!

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Johan
Master

What would you like to know about Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Is there something you would like to know about the Xperia Z2 Tablet?

Make a post if there is something that you would like for me to check and I will do my best to help you.

100 REPLIES 100
Randlpho
Visitor

I am trying to determine if the optimization for my tablet for the latest chromecast app will allow me a better streaming experience on my hdtv. does that resolution come from Sony or from Google? Right now I get a warning from the app that states the chromecast app is not optimized for my device when I activate casting.  

kophbk
Visitor

Hi all,

I have just bought today the Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 which i believe is Xperia z2 10.1 tablet am I correct because nowhere on the actual box actually states Xperia z2, anyway I purchased this because i was told about being able to remote play ps4 through it. Well i've updated the tablet to Android 5.1.1 and cant find the remote play app. but when i google the app I can then go to the correct page but a message saying your device isnt compatable is displayed??? What is going on??? I can't figure out how to download the app. Now unless ive bought a fake Xperia Z2 from cash converters or ive actually bought a Z1 disguised as a Z2??? help me please lol

Rickard
Master

@kophbk

Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia Z2 Tablet are two different products and i'm afraid Xperia Tablet Z does not support remote play.

I recommend that you contact the dealer where you purchased the tablet in this case. The model number of Xperia Z2 Tablet is SGP5xx while SGP3xx is for Xperia Tablet Z.

Frank1
Visitor

I have recently installed 23.5.A.0.575 on my Xperia Z2 Tablet SP521 and I am having difficulty finding out what it was supposed to do. I would like to know this so that when I find that something has, or has not, changed then I know whether this was supposed to have happened, or not happened. This update was supposed to be to do with Marshmallow, but it does not seem to correspond to descriptions of Android Marshmallow in various places on the web. Does Sony provide a description of what updates are supposed to do (I have not been able to find them, apart from vague things about "improving")? (By the way my tablet says it now has Android 6.0.1 so it looks like the update actually installed, but it does not say Marshmallow even though it did previously say Lollipop.)

Some particular examples:

- This web page http://www.alphr.com/google/1001796/android-marshmallow-14-brand-new-features-thatll-make-you-want-t... says "Rather than treating the memory card as a separate storage space, Marshmallow can treat it like the rest of the memory on your phone." This has not happened for me. 

- The facility to link to PC via Wifi has gone. (I have already found the answer to this one elsewhere on this forum /t5/PC-Mac-Software/Wireless-connect-to-PC-no-longer-work-after-Android-6-0-1-update/td-p/1114678 )

So what would be nice, if Sony provides it, or a user has worked it out, would be a list of:

- what has changed since last Sony update for this device,

- how this update differs from 'standard' Marshmallow.

Ylli_kacaniku
Visitor

Hi,

I live in Sweden and i have the Sony Xperia z2 tablet SGP511. I have the latest software 23.5.A.0.570 installed in my device. But when i look at XperiFirm their is an new minor software update 23.5.A.0.575 and a slightly bigger one 23.5.A.1.291. 

So my question is why is my device telling me that i have the latest software installed via OTA and Pc Comapnion? are these software updates not going to hit sweden or what?

Best regards 

Ylli

Gills212
Visitor

Same question I have a sgp561 and have no fm radio app. the online spec says it should have a tuner but I see no evidence that it actually does

Rickard
Master

@Gills212

Not all variants of Xperia Z2 Tablet features a FM radio. I'm afraid SGP561 doesn't have this feature.

Euroblueboy
Visitor

Hi I just bougth a Z2 tablet (SGP521) LTE network but I am having problems making it work with my sim cards, the sim card I have from T-mobile only works on 2G on the tablet but in my Z2 smartphone (D6503) works on 4G the other sim card from at&t worked once but no more I am wondering if this have somenthing to see with the country, maybe this tablet was made to work on Europe and it doesn't work fine in USA? I hope there is something I can do to make it work. My Z2 smarphone use to work on LTE when I lived in Spain but here in America works on 4G, but 2G is too slow and I need to fix that on my Tablet. Thank you

fer2332
Visitor

I would like to know why is that poorly build that I had to send it to technical service 5 times... and still there with no customer care at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@fer2332

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, but you have to stay in contact with your Local support as this is a global user based forum.