Join now - be part of our community!

Stuck in safe mode on my Z3 Tablet Compact

profile.country.GB.title
A18862020
New

Stuck in safe mode on my Z3 Tablet Compact

Hi,

I've had my Z3TC for around 5 years now and still love it but has been having a few issues recently, notably the battery life is getting worse, but it's still usable. However, the other day, something strange happened to it. The power on/off button stopped working when I pressed it once (double press for camera still worked), so I couldn't turn it off or turn the screen off (other than my closing the case cover) and one of the volume down button didn't work either.

Then, the battery dropped from around 40% to 0% and it shut down. I charged it overnight and in the morning when I turned it on, the power button was working again (but not the volume down button) but it was in safe mode. I tuned it off/on multiple times, restarted it, rebooted in safe mode then rebooted again hoping it would go to normal mode, but none of this work.

I've now done a full factory reset and it is still stuck in safe mode (and I've restarted it, turned on/off multiple times). Are there any suggestions for how I can get it back to normal?

Thanks,

Frank

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Mobile support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean