Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Tablet Z - Battery Not Charging + Backup Transfer

profile.country.GB.title
twazzo_1
New

Sony Xperia Tablet Z - Battery Not Charging + Backup Transfer

I'm looking for a bit of assistance from a helpful soul

My Sony Xperia Z tablet is not charging, any more. I was wondering what the issue could be?  I have a couple of questions

1/ Has the battery died, after many good years of service or is the USB charging port messing me about, again!

I have changed the USB port a couple of times but the battery has never got to the point where it wouldn't charge!

2/ If I change the battery unit (which is easy enough to do) and buy another USB port, would this cure the charging issue or am I just wasting my time and money?

I am just a little short of money to be able to buy a Z4 tablet right now, sadly!  Damn you, coronavirus!

Aside question below:

3/ I was fortunate to be able to get a full, successful backup of my data & files with Xperia Companion, before the tablet lost all charge. The .dbk file would be accepted by a newer Xperia replacement tablet, wouldn't it?  I am guessing that is the case, of course but wanted to confirm that is the case )

Thanks for any assistance. All the best from the UK

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Mobile support team here for further help. 

Best wishes,

Sean