Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 draining out fast

SOLVED
profile.country.BG.title
datcheff
New

WF-1000XM4 draining out fast

Just a week after the warranty expired my earbuds started draining out for 30 minutes. Since then the problem never solved. Do you think that Sony products are worth just their warranty period?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Stever666
Explorer

I’ve had a similar problem, working perfectly for 2 years (I had an additional years warranty through buying from John Lewis Uk)

The headphones suddenly started draining after 40mins use.

Contacted Sony who told me to send them off for inspection and cost of repair, as they were just out of extended warranty.

Repair estimate came to £134.76 which involved replacing both ear buds

Extremely disappointed that they are not prepared to do anything as items of such cost and brand should have a greater shelf life than 2 years

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
NeilG2024
New

I have exactly the same issue. Cannot believe they expect you to pay £135 to fix it. A quick. Search online and it looks like a common problem with these earphones. All seem to be after 2 years old and occurs after a software update.

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleG
New

Same problem here. Loved the earbuds but think I'll have to move on to a company that supports customers.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Stever666
Explorer

I’ve had a similar problem, working perfectly for 2 years (I had an additional years warranty through buying from John Lewis Uk)

The headphones suddenly started draining after 40mins use.

Contacted Sony who told me to send them off for inspection and cost of repair, as they were just out of extended warranty.

Repair estimate came to £134.76 which involved replacing both ear buds

Extremely disappointed that they are not prepared to do anything as items of such cost and brand should have a greater shelf life than 2 years

profile.country.GB.title
NeilG2024
New

I have exactly the same issue. Cannot believe they expect you to pay £135 to fix it. A quick. Search online and it looks like a common problem with these earphones. All seem to be after 2 years old and occurs after a software update.

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleG
New

Same problem here. Loved the earbuds but think I'll have to move on to a company that supports customers.

profile.country.GB.title
AGH67_UK
New

Same here. Less than 18 months old. case:26867893

Long call with Sony as left earbud drains charge almost 7x (!) faster than the right earbud. 

Sony say send for paid repair almost the price of the earbuds.

End result - don't buy Sony. Not worth it for such a short life span