Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000XM3 voice control

profile.country.GB.title
Essedoubleu
New

Sony WH-1000XM3 voice control

Hello!

I’ve bought the wh-1000-XM3 headphones but don’t want to use voice control. I have switched off voice dial on my phone (iPhone 7) but headphones can still activate my phone when locked and make calls. How can I switch voice control off?

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Jjolcfyjkk4788kr
Explorer

I have called my boss like 3-4 times now. Thanks Sony. 

EDIT: You can turn off voice controls by updating your headphones through the app.

profile.country.GB.title
sjgsjg
New

Hi!

Has anybody found a solution to this? I am having this problem and it is incredibly annoying. 

I cant use the headphones because if I say a word or somebody around me says anything, what I am listening to stops, and I am all of the sudden calling somebody. 

This really sucks. 

profile.country.GB.title
LBosence
New

I’ve been having the same problem. It makes the headphones a total liability as they will often ring random people whilst I have them momentarily removed and am talking at work, so I don’t even know it’s happening and any of my professional contacts could suddenly be unwittingly listening into my conversation! Terrible design Sony. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @LBosence , which device are you connecting the Headphones to?

profile.country.GB.title
LBosence
New

Hi, It’s an iPhone SE

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @LBosence, have you tested it with any other devices? Also make sure that the software is up to date.

Biggles
New

This appears to be "Speak-to-Chat". Annoying because it pauses the music every time you cough, or the person next to you makes a noise.

To turn off you simply have to:
1) Download the Sony MX1000 app
2) Wade through the many things it wants you to approve or set up (just refuse permission or click "later" for everything)
3) Select the "SOUND" menu tab in the middle of the screen
4) Toggle off the Speak-to-Chat function.

Works.