Join now - be part of our community!

Z1RSP standy/hibernate hangs system

mmc
Visitor

Z1RSP standy/hibernate hangs system

Hi, i have a new vaio Z1RSP ... very impressed with it except for this one issue:

whenever i try to use the standy or hibernate modes the system hangs on the 'preparing to standby' or 'preparing the hibernate' screens .... windows then wont respond & the only option is to hold the power button to shut the system down.

I have applied 'Windows XP Hotfix Q822827' from the e-support.vaio-link.com site but this has not resolved the issue. 😞

Can anyone offer any advice? This is quite a hard problem to live with as it means that the batteries are being excersised whenever the system is on regardless if i need it or not .

thanks in advance

mmc.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make sure you have 1GB free on C:

mmc
Visitor

Kee-Lo .. thanks for your response.

I dont think its a space problem as i currently have just over 20Gig free on C: ... i know hibernate takes a snapshot to disk of the system just before shutdown but i didnt think standby did.

Do you think it could be something to do with ACPI ??

mmc.

kee-lo_

Great.
ACPI could be the problem, but as I don't know loads about I can't really help much.

mmc
Visitor

thanks anyway kee-lo!

has anyone else out there got any suggestions?
i'm stuck!! :thinking:

mmc
Visitor

FYI all - incase someone else has this issue: i've found the problem..it was Kerio personal firewall ... an upgrade to the current beta version has resolved it !!!

woo yay :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Thanks for that info, I never guessed the firewall would do that.

leven
Visitor

Hi,

See if anything here helps you.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm

Elaine