Join now - be part of our community!

WIRELESS CONNECTION UNAVAILABLE

whereswally
Visitor

WIRELESS CONNECTION UNAVAILABLE

Can anyone help me. ive purchased a Notebook VGN-A115B
I use a Netgear DG834G for my internet connection.
When I hardwire the notebook to the router no problems with my internet connection.
When I disconect the hardwire and switch on the integrated wireless, it detects the wireless connection but it will not connect as it says wireless connection unavailable. The notebook is only about three foot from the router. I Know the router is working fine as I run another machine on wireless from another room. In my network connection the wireless Icon has a cross through it yet it is not disabled.

4 REPLIES 4
eumpundu
Visitor

You have to check that your firewall is disactivated

whereswally
Visitor

Ive checked the firewall is disconected still no wireless connection. In network connections the local area network is working fine, but the wireless is disabled yet when I look in the properties is says it isnt. The wireless is detecting the network on the Netgear it just wont let me in.

marone
Visitor

Check to see if the router is automatically blocking your wireless card's MAC address, if it is you will have to register the address with the router (your instruction booklet should show you how).

whereswally
Visitor

Thanks marone you pointed me in the right direction.
The netgear was not blocking wireless access as I run another machine on wireless I just had not added the laptop Mac address into the trusted wireless stations.

Thanks again