Join now - be part of our community!

windowsformsparking

Lizzie
Visitor

windowsformsparking

Anyone know about this? i get it sometimes when i shut down. it seems to be related to after and when i get a low memory message. i try to do too much in one program and my puter can't handle it sometimes and also i probably have too much other stuff open at teh same time.
anyway i did a google and there wasn't much, it was mentioned on those forums where you post a hijack this log. i did a log and i didn't see anything unusual. the one thing new as such is my external harddrive, its a Maxtor, it may be related to that. the windowsformsparking on some of the forums was related to a HP printer.
before i go and post a log somewhere, has anyone any hints or ideas or what exactly causes windowsformsparking.
thanks.
:slight_smile:

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Lizzie,

I'll check my Maxtor for that - maybe it's the program which parks the heads of the hard disk?

I know what you mean by overworking your VAIO, I'm guilty of that

Lizzie
Visitor

That’s the thing I don’t have a HP printer, the only external thing I have is my external Maxtor harddrive, so it obviously involves an external device.

Lizzie
Visitor

I should have said, it comes up as that message you get when a program doesn’t shut down properly and you can either click end now, cancel or wait for it to shut down.

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have read that this has something to do with HP printers as you stated. I noted that goto msconfig and disable hp image zone fast start (hpqthb08.exe) this may help. Not sure though! Do you have a HP printer, if so maybe they have a solution!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I don't seem to have that process and I have that same drive

Lizzie
Visitor

i found more on google under 'windowsformparking' (drop the s after form)
one place suggested it is a "a useless idle program which sits in the background sucking memory."

i've posted a thread and i'll let you know how i get on.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I been googling and found references to windowsformsparking. Sadly :slight_frown: no definitive answer though!
The solutions generally seem to be using msconfig & unchecking items manually. You said you recently added a maxtor external drive maybe this has caused some form of conflict.:smileysad:

Sorry I can't help more :thinking:

Lizzie
Visitor

i have the maxtor a few months now. i'm going to do a hijack this log on one of those forums and see what they say.

thanks very much for your help. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good Luck :slight_smile: