Join now - be part of our community!

windows blue screeen

nes
Visitor

windows blue screeen

Hi,
I have a trouble with my sony vaio grt-series notebook. While I was working a blue screen appeared. As I remember it was an error saying that windows are shutting down because a serious error was encountered. After that I restarted the notebook but after the windows loading screen the notebook performes a restart and keeps restarting....
Appart from using the system recovery disc is there anything I can do to save all the data I have in drive C;

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Please do not double post.

nes
Visitor

Sorry, I just didn't know where to post my problem.....and I got a little panic.....

I have made some progress on my problem and I can be more specific.
I had a blue screen that said about unmountable boot volume.
So, I run windows xp cd (original) and I got into recovery console and tried to run chkdsk /p or chkdsk /r or fixboot or fixmbr. All the times i got a message "The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems" OR "The boot sector cannot be fixed" OR "The new master boot record could not be written". Given the fact that I have a huge amount of useful data in my hard disk what I can do to recover them. As obviously I understand that there is non fixable hardware error OR not?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have you tried this ?

nes
Visitor

Yes it is excactly what I have done. But the boot sector cannot be written again. I suppose that my hard disk needs format.

The question is how could I save my data before formating? If I could set the hard disk in another computer as a slave disk it would be readable or something else? help please.....