Join now - be part of our community!

Win 7 will not boot after RAM upgrade VAIO-E

profile.country.no_NO.title
Tumselass
Visitor

Win 7 will not boot after RAM upgrade VAIO-E

Hi.

I have a VAIO-E VPCEA3S1E that I would like to upgrade the RAM on. Purchused a kit 8 mb from Corsair, http://www.corsair.com/en/cm3x8gsdkit1066.html

From what I understand from the spec's, this should be compatible. However:

When I turn on the computer - windows will not go past the initial loadscreen and reboots the computer. On the second start, it shows me a screen telling me there was a problem that caused windows not to start correctly etc.

When i enter BIOS the full new RAM of 8 mb are showing up fine there.

I'v tryed swapping the RAM in all configurations, and mix it with the old RAM. I'v even tryed a fresh install of windows whitout any luck.

Do I really have incompatible RAM, and if that's the case - why?

Or could there be an other problem?

Thanks,

--

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Thomas and welcome.

There appears to be an incompatibility between Corsair memory modules and Vaios.

We see your problem quite frequently and it always turns out to be Corsair modules causing the problem.

I'm afraid there is no fix except to return the Corsair modules and buy another make.  Most of us here use www.crucial.com/uk as they guarantee compatibility.

:thinking:

profile.country.no_NO.title
Tumselass
Visitor

Thank for your reply, I was kind'a worried it would be something like that. Guess I'll order some from Crusial then.

Though, do you know if this is a hardware og a software (Sony) problem? :thinking: